Monday, September 26, 2011

Fickle

Last Thursday the girls were all outside playing somewhat nicely.  Lana had been in a particularly ornery mood all day for some unknown reason.  She even had a meltdown earlier with her friend Angelina over.  She spent about ten minutes in timeout while Angelina went off and played with Georgia.  So I wasn't surprised when I heard Lana yelling about not wanting to play the game Sonya was suggesting.  I stood and listed to see what was going to happen to decide if I needed to intervene.  


"I don't want to play that!!  I'm going inside!" 


She stomped in the house and yelled to nobody or anybody,


"I'm not EVER going outside AGAIN!!"


"Okay," I said and went about my business.  I guess she figured I didn't hear her right so she yelled again,


"I'M NOT EVER GOING OUTSIDE AGAIN!!!"


"Sure, Lana," I was not about to play into her tantrum.  Then she went to the back door and yelled from the steps at the three girls playing outside,


"I"M NOT EVER COMING OUTSIDE AGAIN YOU GUYS!!!!"


Her yelling was met with silence from them.  They continued to play their game and ignore Lana.  I don't think they did it on purpose, I really think they just didn't hear her.  So she stood there on the step for a minute, waiting for someone to acknowledge that she was MAD.  She tried one final time,


"YOU GUYS!!!  I'M NOT EVER COMING OUTSIDE AAAGGAAIINNN!!"


Crickets.


Then, not even sixty seconds after her last declaration, I heard her say,


"I think I'm going to go swing!" Then off she ran OUTSIDE to her swing.  


I guess she's just practicing her woman's right to change her mind on a whim.

1 comment:

Moomser said...

Hilarious! I'm getting a glimpse of my future here with my little drama queen.