Monday, May 16, 2011

Dinnertime Fun

We don't get to have dinner together as a family every night, like most families do.  Unfortunately, Andy's work schedule means he gets home right before or right after the girls go to bed, so dinner is long since over.  Therefore on the weekends, we try to sit down and have as many meals as possible together  as a family.  The dinners have become more pleasant as the girls have gotten older and less of a pain to feed.  They have also become more entertaining because Andy likes to joke around a lot, and they love it.  We end up having a pretty good time most meals.  It makes me sad that we don't get to do it all the time, but I guess I'll be grateful for what we do have.  


This past weekend, on Saturday night, we were sitting around the dinner table, toward the end of our meal. Andy was joking with the girls and we were all laughing.  He got up to refill his drink, and Georgia decided to continue the antics.  She turned around in her seat, her back facing me.  Then I heard her say,


"I can't bweath!"


I got nervous for a minute thinking she was having a hard time breathing for some reason.  I thought maybe it was the way she was turned and perhaps she was pushed up too close to the table.  


"Georgia, baby, turn around and relax for a minute."  Then I pushed her back from the table a bit to help her get her breath back.  When she turned around toward me I saw the reason she could't breath and she said to me again,


"I can't bweath!" She said  as she was holding her nose closed with her fingers.  


Huh. Perhaps we don't need a college savings account for that one.  

No comments: