Saturday, January 30, 2010

She Has A Dream

Thursday I went into Sonya's classroom to volunteer. My in-laws are in town so when they're here, I'm able to leave the other two and go help out at Sonya's school. I would love to do it more, but since Lana and Georgia insist on constant care, it's impossible for me to do unless someone else is here to watch them. When I got there I noticed hanging outside the classroom were pictures of Martin Luther King Jr. all the kids had drawn. Underneath the pictures were sentences each child had written about their own dream when they grow up. Some of them said they dreamed to be rich or get married. Some dreamed to be actors or actresses. My daughter,

"My dream is to be a famis baseball plaer."

At least when she dreams she dreams big! Besides, "A League of Their Own" was based on a true story. Who's to say that won't happen again?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Go Sonya!!

Unknown said...

For the Red Sox too, I'll bet!

Meg Drew said...

She could always be a famous softball player!