Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Final Destination

Well it's official!  I only have ONE in diapers now.  ONE!!  That's only one more than zero, which might happen within the next year.  I can't even imagine zero, so for now I'll be happy with one.  For 18 months now I've been changing the diapers of two babies and it feels so freeing to only have to deal with one now.  Especially since I'll have to wash diapers less.  While I still like the cloth diapers, washing them EVERY DAY was getting old.  Quickly.   Again I'll admit, Lana was WAY easier to train than I ever expected, and even though we've had a few bumps here and there I think as of today I can call it.  

The past couple days she's been telling me when she has to go, and she hasn't had an accident since Sunday.  Maybe Monday, but who's counting? All the poop has gone into the toilet since last week, so I could care less about the pee-pee accidents.  She is sometimes resistant and stubborn when I tell her she needs to go to the bathroom, but that's just Lana anyway.  I think she's figured out how to hold it now, so I suppose I can back off on telling her to go. 

 All the prizes are gone and I told her this was the last day of the M&M rewards.  She only gets them when she remembers to ask anyway, which is surprisingly not all the time.  Thank goodness, because I am getting tired of the other two crying and whining about not getting a lollipop or M&M.  It was impossible to try and explain it to Georgia and Sonya just claimed it "unfair".  It didn't seem to matter that she got the same rewards when she potty trained.  I guess when you don't remember it just doesn't count.  Fair enough.   The sucky thing is I'll have to go through that again in a year when Georgia potty trains. 

 We've been on many outings to Target, the mall, the grocery store all without accidents.  She still wakes up with a wet pull-up or diaper in the morning, but that will end in time.  She was doing really well at nap time.  Her diaper had been dry every day since last week.  Well, until yesterday. She decided she didn't need to wear anything  other than her underwear for her nap.  I let her try it.  I changed the sheets.  Today she's in a Pull-up for nap.  

I suppose I decided to claim final victory when she went to the bathroom this morning telling me she had to poop.  I put her on the potty and she asked for her Elmo book.  I handed it to her, then she said,

"Mommy, can you get out?  I wan som pivacy." 

"Sure, Lana," I told her.  This is something she's obviously learned from both her parents and her older sister.  I started to walk out, then heard,

"Cose the doe too!" she shouted.  I walked back, giggling to myself and shut the door behind me.  

Not only is she now potty trained, but she's learned the meaning of pooping in peace.  

ONE!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for YOU! (and Lana) I only had two in diapers for 8 months and that was more than enough. Congrats!
-Bethanndoddkoehn

Anonymous said...

Lana just wants what we all want. To poop in peace!

So excited for you. Shall we celebrate with cheesesteaks and booze tomorrow?

Unknown said...

Congrats to Lana (and you) However heed this advice from an old mom with an empty nest and a sometimes lonely heart.

You're going to miss this
You're going to want this back
You're going to wish these days
Hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're going to miss this

Love,

Mom