Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hearing What I Say

It's nice to know that some of the things I tell the girls do get through to them. A few days ago, Lana was washing her hands after going to the bathroom. Quick side note- when Lana and Georgia wash their hands, they like to wash for a REALLY LONG time. This keeps the water running for a REALLY LONG time. I'm always telling them to stop wasting water because "the earth doesn't like that." While Sonya is better with water conservation, she washes her hands so quickly, I'm not sure the water is on for ten seconds. So we've got two contributing to the on-going drought in Southern California, and one spreading germs around because her hands are never truly clean. I can't win.

Well, like a said, a few days ago Lana was washing her hands in the bathroom. I could hear the water running, and running and running. Just as I was about to say something, Georgia walked over to the bathroom and said,

"Yana! You wastin wata!"

Awwww! They DO listen when I speak.

Then Lana got down from the sink. Georgia got up on the chair to wash her own hands at which point SHE ran the water for a REALLY LONG time.

Never mind. I stand by my original statement.

I can't win.

No comments: