Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Know-It-All

This was heard last night in Georgia's room, after the girls took a bath:

Sonya- Reading the box that holds little books with each letter of the alphabet, "Aaallff...hey they spelled this wrong."

Me-"What? No they didn't."

Sonya- "Uh-huh. It's supposed to be 'aow', not 'a L'! Aowfabet!"

Me-"No Sonya, it's 'aLfa' not 'aOWfa'."

Sonya-"No it's not, they're wrong. They did it wrong."

Me-"Fine, they did it wrong, you win, it's 'ow' the people who make the books have NO idea how to spell 'alphabet'."

Silence.

Sonya-"Really? It's 'aL'? Are you SUUURE?"

Seriously? She already thinks she know more than me at five? I knew karma would come back to me for being bitchy-I-know-more-than-my-parents teenage years, but isn't this a TAD early?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha! just you wait! :P it only gets better! i live with a 18 year old and a 15 year old! its a wonder i can find my way out of the kitchen, ya know! :) xoxoxo Robyn