Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Because I Am THAT Crazy

I thought I should warn you all that I may go missing from blogging for the next week or so.  The reason is that I'm about to gain two extra kids for four days.


Back in May my sister, Megan, told me she and her husband wanted to go to Arizona for a couple days.  They want to support one of their best friends who is going to do an Iron Man.  Let's not even go into how crazy THAT guy is.  I understand them wanting to go there to support him, because not many people can complete something that difficult.  They didn't want to bring their girls.  Lucy is three and Vivian is 18 months, so not exactly easy to run around cheering for someone running/biking/swimming with them in tow.  They thought that maybe they would wrap their trip to Arizona with coming to visit us, and spending Thanksgiving here. Sounds good!  Oh and also could I watch the girls for a few days while they were in Arizona?  Suuurree!  No problem!  I can handle it!  Perhaps something else that sounded better in my head.  Plus it was May and November was soooo far away.


Well, here we are in November and my sister and her family are ready to hop on a plane out here tomorrow morning.  Megan and Matt stay Thursday night, and leave on Friday leaving me ALL ALONE with FIVE KIDS!  FIVE!!!  ALL GIRLS NO LESS!  WHAT WAS I THINKING???  At least Andy will be here on Saturday and Sunday to help out and my sister gets back on Monday afternoon.   So, I will only have to be alone for like a day.  I can handle that!  I think.  God, I hope I can.  Just kidding Meg-I will be fine!!  Maybe.


Yeah, so needless to say I won't have much time for extra things like writing.  I don't know how I fit this in most days to begin with, but now that I have an extra 3 year old and and 18 month old to take care of, forget it.  Plus I have to change diapers again.  I've gotten very used to my non-diapered life.  I'm not sure I even remember how to do it anymore!


This is what family is for though.  In all seriousness I am excited to see my sister and her family.  We don't get to see each other pretty much ever.  Wisconsin might as well be the moon since I live in Los Angeles.  We can't exactly afford to fly five people all over the country whenever we want.  I wish we could.  So, it will be fun for our families to hang out and spend the holiday together.  And I love the fact that I get to watch my nieces for a couple days.  It's something we would probably do all the time for each other if we lived closer.  My girls will get to know their cousins better and I know we will have a fun, albeit crazy, time.  Even if I do have to break out the wine at 5pm on Friday night.


Meg-I can't wait to see you and hope you and Matt have a fabulous weekend sans kids.  Just remember you owe me one!  Oh and I do intend to collect.  Only to bad for you I have an extra one to watch.


I will update when I can.  I'm sure I'll have plenty to talk about by the end of all this.

1 comment:

Christy Marshall said...

you little saint. i would say yes to such a feat myself. when we have little people visitors...my kids seem to act better and play so good with them for the first day. hope that the same goes for you. i'm leaving you with two words: frozen pizza. hollah!