Monday, April 18, 2011

Quickly Approaching 40

Today is my birthday. 

 I am 37.

LATE 30s.

 Urgh!  How did this happen?  When did I get to be someone in their late 30's?  It really just snuck up on me and to be honest, most of the time I still feel like I'm in my late 20's.  Alas, I am not.  I was feeling kinda depressed about this upcoming birthday, and then I got my new licence in the mail.  You remember, the one I went to get a month ago that I almost couldn't get because my brain malfunctioned on me.  Anyway-when I saw the envelope was from the DMV, I immediately ripped it  open to see how my picture came out.  I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.  

Then I pulled out my old licence to compare the two and see just how much older I looked. To be honest, I think I look better now than I did when I was 23.  At least in the license picture.  Can't really say the same for my body, but thankfully the licence is only a headshot.  I look like such a baby in my license at 23 but this one at 37, I actually look like an adult.  However, I don't look OLD, which is what I was afraid of.  

So I suppose turning 37 isn't so bad after all.  I mean not as long as I'm still hanging on to my super model good looks. 

(The first picture is at 23, the second is from last month. Not like you couldn't have figured that out for yourself or anything.)







5 comments:

Unknown said...

You are NOT old! 37 is the new 25! Happy birthday to my fellow "Dadekian wife"!

The Screwer Upper said...

Dude. Can I just say...I have known you since you were what, 16? I swear you haven't changed. Well, maybe you don't have a Skid Row tan line on your back anymore. And maybe you don't wear leather skirts and kitten heels as your daily-wear. But you look the same (up to date, of course) your body looks lovely and little as it always has (despite 3 kids...I hate you) and you are just as fun as you have always been. Thirty seven, Schmirty seven... Young thinking and young at heart are what matters most. (Oh, and the fact that we can drink whenever and as much as we want to now!)

-BADK

Heather Matthews said...

Happy Birthday!

We just started a new blog: www.MommyGiggles.com where we post funny pictures we find on Mommy Blogs for all moms to get a giggle out of 

I figure since your blog is full of humor you might have some funny pictures that we could post on our blog.

If we do post one of your pictures, we will put your blog's button in the post with your picture so you would get the credit - and some new mommy followers!

Hopefully you have a great picture to share with us!

Heather Matthews & Heidi Werry

Meg Drew said...

hahahah skid row tan! I remember that!

ps - do you have pigtails in your hair at 23?! HA!

Anonymous said...

You don't need to worry! You have one of those "young" faces - you look about 12 in the first pic and still qualify as "young" in the second :-)

I bet you always had to carry ID to get served alcohol...