Monday, May 3, 2010

Three of a Kind

I feel I would be remiss if I didn't congratulate our friends, Dino and Katie, who just had their third baby last Thursday. Why would I do that on my blog you ask? Well, for a few reasons.

First of all, Katie has been a loyal reader of this little venture of mine, I think since the beginning. For that I thank her, because it always make me feel good when someone tells me they read my latest entry. It's even better when they tell me how much they can relate. I sorta feel like I'm doing some good. Then there's the fact that her husband, Dino, was in our wedding party, and Andy has known him most of his life. But mostly I feel the need to acknowledge their new bundle of joy on here, because she happens to be their THIRD GIRL. I know a little something about that.

Their two oldest girls, Rita and Lucia, are the same age as Sonya and Lana. So, they already understand the joys and pains of raising girls. Then when they announced they were having another girl, I'll be honest, I was excited. I mean I was excited for them, because girls are great and all, but I was excited for me, because I've got someone else who will REALLY get it. There's also the fact that Katie and I are headed on that same doomed boat to, "the teen years". Arriving in 2018. It's too bad they live all the way across the country in RI, so we can't commiserate in person. Then again, eight years is a long time and who knows where we could end up!

Anyway-I do want to sincerely say congratulations on the arrival of little Nora Grace (beautiful name!) and good luck. As it turns out, three kids is A LOT of work. Who knew! But if anyone else can handle it as gracefully as we can, or at least as gracefully as we pretend to, it's Katie and Dino.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're a good friend Kristi!