Thursday, May 13, 2010

She'll Try Anything Once

This morning I made scrambled eggs for Georgia and myself. We ate after everyone else had already left the table, so I actually sat down to eat my breakfast with her. This is something I rarely do. Most mornings you'll find me sucking down a bowl of cereal while packing Sonya's snack, making Andy's coffee, and unloading the dishwasher. All while on the phone with my sister. Oh yeah! Mom=multitasker.

This morning I didn't want G to eat all alone, so I took five minutes and sat down with her. I had a bottle of hot sauce, and I put a couple drops on my eggs to spice them up a bit. Georgia watched me and then said,

"I some?"

"You want to try some of this?" I asked holding up the bottle. She nodded her head yes, then said,

"Tie it! You yike it!"

This is actually from a Yo Gabba Gabba song. If you have no idea what the last words of that sentence mean, don't worry. Yo Gabba Gabba is a show on Nick Jr the kids have become obsessed with. They sing different songs in the show about cleaning up, or sharing this one happens to be about trying new foods. It goes-"Try it! You'll like it! Try it! You're gonna like it!" So now EVERY TIME I want the girls to try something new, Georgia sings this song.

"Okay," I said. "You can try it if you want."

"You yike it!" She sang again.

I put two little drops on her plate. She dragged a piece of her English Muffin through it, and put it to her mouth. I waited for her reaction. She had a hopeful look on her face, which immediately turned to disgust and then she said,

"I no yike it."

I guess Yo Gabba Gabba isn't right all the time.




2 comments:

Meg Drew said...

did you see the video i posted on FB of lucy trying my salt & vinegar chips?? hilarious... Lucy's reaction doesn't seem nearly as poised as Georgia's :)

Anonymous said...

There's a party in my tummy-

So yummy, so yummy...

-BethAnnDoddKoehn