Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Frozen in Song

Most of you who read this site have kids, or know my kids.  And if you have kids there is a 99% chance that you've seen the Disney movie Frozen sometime in the past few months.  And if you've seen the movie Frozen, you've heard nothing but the soundtrack on repeat since the Christmas music subsided at the beginning of the year.  Well, at least that's the case in my house.

Now let me just admit right here up front that I personally LOVED the movie.  I think it is probably in my top three Disney movies of all time.  I don't know if it was the fun music, or the fact that it's a story about sisters saving each other and not about a prince saving them.  But yeah, I loved everything about it and cried a good 40% of the movie.  I may have  been PMSing.  Anyway-right after we saw it, I downloaded the music and within two days the girls knew all the words to every song.  Okay, fine I did too.  We play it at home and in the car.  I will go through a day or two where I just can't listen to it anymore and within a day I want to hear it again.  I love to belt out, "Let it Go" in the car with the girls.  We have a blast.

One day last week we were in the car with Andy and I think he had enough of the soundtrack.  We weren't going far, just to Menchie's, so we drove with no music.  Then the girls started the soundtrack on their own singing a capella.  We took a break in Menchie's and they started right back up when we got in the car going from one song to the next in the order of the soundtrack.  I joined right along.  So when I found out that the El Capitan theater here in Hollywood was having a Frozen Sing-A-Long, it was a no brainer to take the girls.  This Sunday morning we will be singing our hearts out in the theater, and they are beyond excited.

A couple days ago I pulled out my phone and recorded the two little girls while they were home.  Georgia singing "In Summer" and the both of them singing "Let it Go".  Unfortunately my phone cut off the end of "Let it Go", but it was long enough.  You don't need to suffer through the ENTIRE song.  So for your entertainment pleasure, my own cast of Frozen....






I'm pretty sure we won't need to follow the bouncing ball or snowflake on Sunday at the sing-a-long.  We've got these songs down pat!

No comments: